Be aware that not all mould is detectable. You may have a mould problem yet have no visible signs of a mould colony or infestation. Your home can become infested with mould in a number of different ways. Mould, commonly caused by the introduction of a water source such as a plumbing leak, sewage problem or roof leakage issue, can spread throughout your home in a matter of days.
Once inside your home, mould produces various allergens and irritations that can seriously affect your health. Humans can’t build a tolerance to mould. The more you are exposed to it, the more sensitive you become and the more severe your allergic reactions become and suspected allergic reactions are only the tip of the iceberg. Mould can be severely detrimental to your health. Some of the more severe reactions to mould are asthma, infections in the lungs and respiratory system.